So you're really into a nice stern-drive boat but want to use it in a saltwater environment or don't want the nightmare maintenance issues robbing you hours upon hours of out there enjoyment and digging a deeper hole in your pocket? There's an easy answer if you come to us for your repower project.
We've done quite a few stern-drive to outboard conversions in our time, it's actually about more than 25% of our bracket business so we should know a thing or two about what works and what doesn't.
Designed and built specifically for the Chaparral's luxury flagship's deeply vaulted stern drives, this bracket solution is engineered to support heavy-weight, high-power outboards in the most demanding offshore situations. It offers ample clearance for the bulkiest engines to come full tilt up behind the untouched fiberglass stern swim platform, and as it has an airbox with a volume of a whopping 200 gallons volume it can compensate for a bit more than 1,700 pounds of combined outboard weight on saltwater, not counting that modern outboards are way lighter than a comparable output inboard engine, to offer a flatter angle both at standstill and underway.
Our proof of concept customer in Aruba routinely reports speeds over 50 mph with twin 300 Hp Merc Seapro's at about 85% throttle. Compare the ease of maintenance, silent running, and the current outboard model's fuel efficiencies with the freakishly high cost of operating an inboard even in freshwater and the answer is a no-brainer.
At this price point, you get a fully proven design with lots of leeway for modding your bracket to fit your particular vision of the repower project, and if it's a minor one you can even get away with it at no additional cost.
See below actual cell pics of our first customer's installation (thanks Ian!).
And there’s nothing small-time about our outboard engine bracket products as our stuff is sold as OEM to most of all Greater Miami-based boat manufacturers and some of the biggest in upstate Florida, and we have type certifications from the NMMA and the ABYC. If you have outboard engine bracket questions don’t hesitate and do contact us for a no-compromise consultation.
Note: Please be advised that all of our brackets are made to order and ship via expensive LTL freight so we won't accept returns. Check your boat's measurements carefully and make sure your order perfectly reflects what you want.
- All-aluminum construction using 0.375” (transom plate and airbox sides) and 0.250” (rest of the structure) thick cold-cut and formed Alcoa 6061 T6 and 5052 H32 series sheets and schedule 40 6061-T6 series aluminum tubing for our optional wrap-around handlebar.
- 200 gallons of added flotation volume in the deep-vee-shaped airbox for added dynamic stability.
- Exclusive dual-electrostatic powder-coatings: primer + gloss powder coating for the ultimate in marine environment protection. We first apply an electrostatic primer coat, oven-cure it, and then apply a thick, high-mil powder coating for the final external coating. No other competitor in the market goes that far to ensure your new bracket's appearance and durability.
- Awlgrip® Griptex textured, anti-slip treatment to the platform's top surface ensures perfect traction, safety, and durability when wet.
- Standard 2 x 3.75-inch saltwater specific sacrificial anodes (zincs).
- Twist-off, wide 8-inch easy access marine spec hatch.
- Twin rigging tubes and internal run hydraulic hose holes are included in price.
- Includes all mounting aluminum backing plates, SS screws, and SS nuts.
- 3-year limited warranty.